A Wedding To Do List
A POPULAR CHECKLIST FOR MARRYING COUPLES
- Decide that you want to marry
- Set the Wedding Date
- Find a marriage celebrant
Don’t leave this too late – the best celebrants are booked well ahead.
o See a few celebrants and find out what each will provide for your ceremony.
o Select the person you feel most comfortable with to celebrate this most important event!
Meet with your Marriage Celebrant to begin the process.
- Complete and lodge the Notice of Intended Marriage form (remember to take your documents with you). The Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) must be lodged with your “celebrant” no more than 18 months and no less than 1 month and 1 day prior to your intended date of marriage.
- Consider your attendants (Chief Bridesmaid, Best Man, Bridesmaids, Groomsmen etc.)
- Decide the style of wedding you want – formal, semi-formal, casual, theme, fancy dress.
- Book the Venue, Reception and catering.
- Decide on the Wedding Gown, Suits and Bridesmaids Outfits.
- Discuss your honeymoon and start reservations.
- Consider your guest list.
- Consider your photographer and/or video operator, cars.
- Consider the floral arrangements for the Bride, Bridesmaids, Groom, Groomsmen and families.
Months before the Wedding
- Finalise the invitation list.
- Select the stationery and have it printed.
- Decide the style of wedding rings you want and order them.
- Consider a Gift List or Bridal Registry.
- Check with your Celebrant about required documents for marriage.
- Consider the structure and words for your ceremony.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations, send deposits and check if travel documents are required (eg Passports, visa, etc).
- Finalise your menu with your caterer.
- Discuss gifts for your Bridal Party and purchase them.
- Decide on the style of your cake.
Months to Month before the Wedding
- Send the invitations.
- Arrange for fittings of gowns and suits and set dates for final fittings.
- Select a hairdresser and makeup artist. Book for hair and makeup trials.
- Compile a confirmed guest list.
- Confirm your choice of ceremony with your “celebrant” and arrange for a final visit or rehearsal.
- Confirm floral arrangements with your florist.
- Confirm bookings for your photographer, video operator, musicians, cars.
- Give preliminary numbers to your caterer.
- Look at seating plans.
- Finalise payment with your Celebrant.
Month to Week before the Wedding
- Pick up the Bridal Gown and Bridesmaids Gowns.
- Confirm the hairdresser.
- Arrange for a suitable time for the makeup artist.
- Pick up the wedding ring/s.
- Finalise numbers with your caterer.
- Write your seating plans and place cards.
From Week until the Wedding Day
- Arrange for a “get together” [rehearsal] for the ceremony.
- Pick up the suits.
- Double check honeymoon arrangements.
- Arrive early to the hairdressers.
- Pick up the cake.
- Confirm final times with makeup artist, photographer, car hire and video operator.
- RELAX-and let others help you both.
- Give yourself sufficient time to ensure you arrive at the ceremony on time
- Trust your Celebrant to make your day very, very, special.
- Enjoy your day!
- Enjoy your future together.
- Reference: taken from the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants